When I moved to St. Louis several years ago, there were lots of neighborhoods to choose from and lots of factors I could look at but a few stood out. I didn’t want to have a long commute and I like a city that is diverse. The diversity of UCity (University City) stood out for […]
Tag Archives | St. Louis
Today marks the start of a new recurring series that a friend — Danyelle Little, aka The Cubicle Chick — and I have been discussing for months. So glad we are getting it off the ground! The series will share some of the things the two of us are thinking about — or maybe something one […]
The Saint Louis Zoo. Just the words pique my interest! I can remember hearing incredible things about it for quite a while before I went and when I finally got there, I wondered what had taken me so long! It is a mainstay in my list of things guests need to see. In fact, not […]
The role of YMCA in every city is something to take note of. I remember growing up and the Y was right across from our local library branch… lots of summer bike rides to that part of the neighborhood! Those small Ys probably are all closed now, but when I think of all the programs […]
We all knew that the letter X would be hard to come up with in most of the A to Z efforts, but having a local help me meant that it was easy! St. Francis Xavier College Church is actually the first church I think I went to in St. Louis. The Jesuit Church is […]
There are lots of places to go in St. Louis that start with the letter W so it was a bit hard to decide which few things to focus on, but I knew immediately which one would take first billing — Washington University. Washington University I will confess to not knowing much about Washington University […]
The letter V in my St. Louis A to Z was a challenge I have to admit! Luckily, my friend Danielle from the office came through for me with not one but TWO things in St. Louis that start with the letter V but I have dragged my feet on this so much that one changed […]
We are getting to the section of the alphabet that has several letters that as I started this y St. Louis A to Z project, I expected to be a real challenge. For “U” I knew immediately I would seize the moment with Union Station, but I never expected to get a couple of other suggestions […]
- I am LOVING the Olympics…. Who’s with me? August 11, 2016
- Quick & Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe (How-To Video) June 19, 2016
- My Mom’s Career Taught Us Lots of Life Lessons June 26, 2016
- In Search of the Perfect Tomato July 5, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- Things to Consider if You Are Buying a New Travel Backpack November 30, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- That Time I Was in a Chinese GMO Documentary Video November 11, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- : Thanks so much for all you do. We have a group sta...
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) | a colorful adventure: […] and frequently find myself embarking on ...
- sandra cook: i love it !..hearsd about you a while back,but slo...
- Vuyo: Hi Janice. I am interested in cotton farming, I ne...
- A Travelling Botanist: The worlds most used fibre! « Herbology Manchester: […] Uses of Cotton Seed […]...