We are getting to the section of the alphabet that has several letters that as I started this y St. Louis A to Z project, I expected to be a real challenge. For “U” I knew immediately I would seize the moment with Union Station, but I never expected to get a couple of other suggestions […]
Tag Archives | St. Louis
When it came time for the letter T to be featured in my St. Louis A to Z, two major foods came to mind — Ted Drewes and toasted ravioli! Both of them are talked about frequently in St. Louis and both foods have fans in town. So please stop reading if you are hungry! Ted […]
Most of the A to Z posts, focus first on a specific place, person or activity but as I planned out the St. Louis A to Z, I kept coming up with so many different things that related to science that I thought I should give that area of study a major shout out. Science […]
Hello. I am Janice Person or as many know me JPlovesCOTTON but the truth is I love life — especially travel and people. And with this post (and video below that was recorded last night as I arrived at St. Louis’ Lambert Airport) I am joining the #WeAreSTL efforts started by my friend and fellow […]
A couple of weeks ago temps dropped and I have to admit, I was surprised. I was in Kentucky to celebrate a friend’s wedding and kept thinking how badly I wanted my gloves. But the weather quickly normalized and I repressed the fear of a harsh winter. After several days this week of truly frigid […]
With it being back to football season, I have been thinking about how badly I need to finish my St Louis A to Z. I mean I stopped at R and obviously that letter is getting a bit of attention these days! So we will start with the obvious one and then I have a […]
This is the crowd who peacefully protest daily across from the Ferguson police station. Yesterday I was part of the crowd for an hour or more before heading into the other part of Ferguson. The lady on the bullhorn — Miss Angie — is someone my friend Danyelle Little aka The Cubicle Chick has gotten to know […]
I was among the millions last night who were at home having a peaceful night until we realized the injustice in Ferguson had continued to get worse. We saw Michael Brown’s death Saturday and asked questions and we are still waiting for answers. The frustration is growing. Like so many of my friends, we watched […]
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Lessons Learned on My Spirograph December 27, 2014
- Sometimes I Do Something Stupid, Something Real Stupid aka Without My Friends I’d Still Be Stuck! October 21, 2014
- My First Visit to The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in DC January 18, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Union Station, USS Inaugural and Upper Limits January 17, 2015
- City Girls Getting Up Close to Cotton January 14, 2015
- Which states produce the most cotton? Acres, Pounds & More January 13, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Ted Drewes & Toasted Raviolis January 9, 2015
- Martha wiseman: I picked cotton from the field and want to plant t...
- Janice Person: What an incredible compliment! Thanks Leroy! Hope ...
- Leroy: Being an African American male it's not often I g...
- My First Visit to The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in DC: […] I had the chance to tour the White House...
- Janice Person: Yes. I was thinking about Ferguson a good bit that...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter