This weekend I hosted an open house to let friends in St. Louis know I was mostly unpacked, organized and I’m totally excited about having friends over. I spent time Friday evening doing some grocery shopping and prepping some dishes and Saturday morning I got the rest of my prep and cooking done. As I […]
Tag Archives | SubFeature
I have another guest post giving #FoodThanks! This one is from Heather, a college friend that I kept in loose touch with til I started spending more time in St. Louis. 🙂 Since then, we’ve had several chances to spend a bit of time together. She and I had some journalism classes together and even […]
I have to tell you that my visit to Ray-Lin Dairy recently was shaped a lot by Ray’s son, 11-year-old Bryson (remember him from the Flat Stanley series?). It was the weekend so Bryson wasn’t at school. He was at home so he was having what sounded like a bit of a typical day in […]
This one will be a quick post, but I have been trying to make sure I encourage healthier choices rather than the easy choices. One of the things for me is snack foods. I love them. And there are so darn many unhealthy options available that its really easy to choose those instead of something […]
I love almonds. Love them. By themselves by the handful or carefully laid out in chocolate. (Now I feel like I need a snack break before I can blog anymore. But I will power on.) I’ve had friends who’s families grow pecans (I am SO SOUTHERN) but almonds are not something we grow down south. […]
There is something about the World Series. I can’t put my finger on it but it draws me in time and time again. Even if I haven’t watched much baseball during the season, the playoff season tends to grab me even if my team is totally out of it. I admit it. I am a […]
I had to stop and take photos of the license plates at my house tonight to share them with you. Its hard to believe I have people from four different states here visiting for a bit all of them were here though I realized later I didn’t get a photo of all of us together. […]
As I was getting to work Tuesday morning, I happened on this Google+ post by Mack Collier: I had noticed the same thing about people making radical changes in their social media use. I don’t mean the “social media gurus” though I’ve seen shifts there but I mean with my peers, regular people who are […]
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- Whether it is 901 Rocks or #901Rocks, it is Lots of Fun September 10, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration January 19, 2017
- What do farmers do in the winter? January 4, 2017
- My New, New Year’s Tradition — Creating a Memory Jar December 31, 2016
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration | a colorful adventure: […] I could swing it all. The prep got real ...
- Why I Grow GE Crops - Food Dialogues: […] the case of glyphosate (Roundup) resista...