This weekend I hosted an open house to let friends in St. Louis know I was mostly unpacked, organized and I’m totally excited about having friends over. I spent time Friday evening doing some grocery shopping and prepping some dishes and Saturday morning I got the rest of my prep and cooking done. As I […]
Tag Archives | SubFeature
I have another guest post giving #FoodThanks! This one is from Heather, a college friend that I kept in loose touch with til I started spending more time in St. Louis. Since then, we’ve had several chances to spend a bit of time together. She and I had some journalism classes together and even worked […]
I have to tell you that my visit to Ray-Lin Dairy recently was shaped a lot by Ray’s son, 11-year-old Bryson (remember him from the Flat Stanley series?). It was the weekend so Bryson wasn’t at school. He was at home so he was having what sounded like a bit of a typical day in […]
This one will be a quick post, but I have been trying to make sure I encourage healthier choices rather than the easy choices. One of the things for me is snack foods. I love them. And there are so darn many unhealthy options available that its really easy to choose those instead of something […]
I love almonds. Love them. By themselves by the handful or carefully laid out in chocolate. (Now I feel like I need a snack break before I can blog anymore. But I will power on.) I’ve had friends who’s families grow pecans (I am SO SOUTHERN) but almonds are not something we grow down south. […]
There is something about the World Series. I can’t put my finger on it but it draws me in time and time again. Even if I haven’t watched much baseball during the season, the playoff season tends to grab me even if my team is totally out of it. I admit it. I am a […]
I had to stop and take photos of the license plates at my house tonight to share them with you. Its hard to believe I have people from four different states here visiting for a bit all of them were here though I realized later I didn’t get a photo of all of us together. […]
As I was getting to work Tuesday morning, I happened on this Google+ post by Mack Collier: I had noticed the same thing about people making radical changes in their social media use. I don’t mean the “social media gurus” though I’ve seen shifts there but I mean with my peers, regular people who are […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm January 22, 2016
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] some of the tips I have for dealing with...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] have a few problems keeping their temper...
- If misery loves company, this winter is filled with community!: […] winter is horribly cold in the central p...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- Fun getting @uncommonchick out for a #topdown drive #STL
- Loved the shrimp etoufee today! Fun catching up with @uncommonchick too #STL #stleats
- Rockin' my copy of @thecubiclechick's book Personal, Professional & Positive. Will be taking a 30 day challenge on @professionallypositive #positivity #goodvibesalways
- Had to take advantage of temps in the high 60s celebrating with a #topdown drive #STL #enjoylife
- JP REWIND In those cotton fields back home https://t.co/rWs0szZE5c #travel
about 9 hours ago
- Dang this sounds good! Love me a bunch of @Zatarains products! https://t.co/Z9Nr63r7If
about 14 hours ago
- I really, really hate cold wind... https://t.co/3c9mFeQFB5
about 17 hours ago
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all sh… https://t.co/ZybeWw1Bwh https://t.co/VPXXGtarHE
about 22 hours ago
- My @Quora answer to When meeting new people, are Monsanto employees afraid to say they work for @MonsantoCo? https://t.co/Q6XafKYw5v
about 23 hours ago