I love thinking about kids and farms… and today’s post talks about some of the things two farms are doing to cultivate the future alongside the crops they cultivate. Bob Walker / Walker Farms The farm outside of Memphis that is a homebase of sorts for me, it is Bob Walker’s farm! His wife Marjory […]
Tag Archives | Tennessee
The Udder Side has been one of my favorite farm blogs since I stumbled onto it years ago. I know, there are so many awesome blogs… how could I possibly have favorites? Well, The Udder Side is a little warped and that is definitely something I enjoy. I mean what other farm blog is actually […]
This year we are celebrating the Centennial for the University of Memphis. When I say “we” I mean my family as well as the entire city. Although I don’t know that I had family there when the doors opened in 1912, my family has gone to this university for generations…. in fact, my grandmom was […]
This weekend, I asked some of my friends to join me in #FoodThanks. It seemed like a no brainer since so many of my peeps like food and they are a thankful lot. , so putting the two together should be easy enough. It seems to be different for everyone so I would like a […]
I had to stop and take photos of the license plates at my house tonight to share them with you. Its hard to believe I have people from four different states here visiting for a bit all of them were here though I realized later I didn’t get a photo of all of us together. […]
Thursday I thought with the third day of sun, maybe things were returning to normal, however watching the local news at night, I know that’s far from the truth. I’m sitting here stunned. But given the report that the Memphis/Shelby County Emergency Management Agency (MSCEMA) will be issuing new map tomorrow morning, I’m going to wait to […]
Thursday I was returning to Memphis after a long visit in St. Louis. The drive home was one I had been looking forward to. It had been a tough time in my part of the world. Some of the big notes were I drove through a night of storms on my way up, a tornado ripped […]
DATELINE: Memphis, Tennessee (644 miles from home) Welcome to Memphis, TN Ms. Rorie’s Class and Jake! Flat Stanley came to visit me in Memphis, where I am going to college to be a teacher. We went to a bunch of places here in Memphis and I really enjoyed showing Stanley around my new town. I just […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- It only takes a spark to get a fire going, and soon all those around... https://t.co/Jj1Gr7Ke2J https://t.co/Z4sBvekPpO
about 2 hours ago
- JP REWIND A Custom-Painted Truck Sharing the Love of Cotton https://t.co/pomJuoFZzr #cotton #popularculture
about 2 hours ago
- Snapped a photo of the misty view of camp just before dinner! https://t.co/TSyt5ULqyO https://t.co/Eeqpq8V36L
about 3 hours ago
- Love that Jake is willing to lend a hand on the dishes! https://t.co/tzSGSrDmpA https://t.co/SXfP7V4CTJ
about 3 hours ago
- Still working on the tower for the bell! https://t.co/LQZJaakpzE https://t.co/2SOk3ug2Ts
about 9 hours ago