I love thinking about kids and farms… and today’s post talks about some of the things two farms are doing to cultivate the future alongside the crops they cultivate. Bob Walker / Walker Farms The farm outside of Memphis that is a homebase of sorts for me, it is Bob Walker’s farm! His wife Marjory […]
Tag Archives | Tennessee
The Udder Side has been one of my favorite farm blogs since I stumbled onto it years ago. I know, there are so many awesome blogs… how could I possibly have favorites? Well, The Udder Side is a little warped and that is definitely something I enjoy. I mean what other farm blog is actually […]
This year we are celebrating the Centennial for the University of Memphis. When I say “we” I mean my family as well as the entire city. Although I don’t know that I had family there when the doors opened in 1912, my family has gone to this university for generations…. in fact, my grandmom was […]
This weekend, I asked some of my friends to join me in #FoodThanks. It seemed like a no brainer since so many of my peeps like food and they are a thankful lot. , so putting the two together should be easy enough. It seems to be different for everyone so I would like a […]
I had to stop and take photos of the license plates at my house tonight to share them with you. Its hard to believe I have people from four different states here visiting for a bit all of them were here though I realized later I didn’t get a photo of all of us together. […]
Thursday I thought with the third day of sun, maybe things were returning to normal, however watching the local news at night, I know that’s far from the truth. I’m sitting here stunned. But given the report that the Memphis/Shelby County Emergency Management Agency (MSCEMA) will be issuing new map tomorrow morning, I’m going to wait to […]
Thursday I was returning to Memphis after a long visit in St. Louis. The drive home was one I had been looking forward to. It had been a tough time in my part of the world. Some of the big notes were I drove through a night of storms on my way up, a tornado ripped […]
DATELINE: Memphis, Tennessee (644 miles from home) Welcome to Memphis, TN Ms. Rorie’s Class and Jake! Flat Stanley came to visit me in Memphis, where I am going to college to be a teacher. We went to a bunch of places here in Memphis and I really enjoyed showing Stanley around my new town. I just […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Finally catching the HBO documentary Southern Rites. Such complicated stories & emotions
about 5 hours ago
- JP REWIND Flat Stanley's Jake Visits Memphis, Professes Love of Cows & Pigs http://t.co/T0UfS2XHGA #children #personalinsight
about 8 hours ago
- Nice catching up with all of my #blogchat peeps. Am sure a few folks in my timeline have muted me for a while at least!
about 19 hours ago