The farmers featured today… I interact with all of them frequently online. They are involved in their communities and busy with family. They have such a clear passion for raising the food that ends up in restaurants and grocery stores. And they all have last names that start with the letter “O” for my farm […]
Tag Archives | Texas
Sometimes it takes me longer to get around to answering a question than it should. I recently saw some things about cotton planting and a light bulb went off reminding me I had promised to answer a few questions from my friend Kevin at The Cotton Boll Conspiracy. He asked: What’s the planting range for cotton […]
Over the last two weeks, I have seen some really neat 12 days of Christmas posts. And along the way, I got inspired to put together the “12 Days of Cotton.” Seemed like a fun thing to do. I wrote it down last week and am just getting it to the blog. I hope you […]
Several people know that in the past few weeks, I have been thinking about my Texas family much more. One day, everything in my world was cruising along….. And the next, I started getting frequent messages about my Uncle Larry Holmes from my cousin. At first I have to say, it sounded worrisome but I […]
I love a day that starts with a friend alerting me to some cottony goodness! That’s exactly what happened today as I checked in on Facebook and saw that my good friend Carrie Mess aka DairyCarrie had tagged me in a post! It read simply “Hey Janice look what’s in this month’s American Airlines magazine.” and showed […]
People frequently ask me why cotton farmers do this or that. One of the most common questions is about GMO cotton, or why they would plant a cotton variety that has been genetically modified in one way or another. I have talked about the choice in bits and pieces, but I think this post by […]
Saw this video floating around and have to admit, it left me wordless. I see a few familiar faces (after all the cotton industry is pretty small). But somehow, I didn’t know anything about this video til this week! And it was shown at a meeting SIX MONTHS AGO! Great video that shows cotton from […]
My friend David Hayden asked me today whether I had a top 10 list of cotton states. He tweeted: @JPlovesCOTTON do you have a blog post with the top ten #cotton producing states or know where I can find such a list? — David Hayden (@Davidhayden7) August 26, 2012 I didn’t have a top 10 […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] ballooning experience was a great compli...
- thedeeremilkmaid: Love visiting that neck of the woods the past few ...
- You Can Learn from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] but I have to admit, ding this post now ...
- Janice Person: They can be so motivating! Some great things being...
- Janice Person: Thanks a bunch! I have been traveling so much rece...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Had such a great experience ballooning in #Cappadocia #Turkey, what did I learn? http://t.co/qDFHR3pwaT http://t.co/Aa5g3BNHiz
about 10 hours ago
- They have the best fries! #stl https://t.co/QKUI1zkKPG
about 11 hours ago
- How else would you serve them? :) #stl https://t.co/6cOyf6TLzx
about 11 hours ago
- JP REWIND Enjoying A Quick Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania http://t.co/NQlIoi4j5o #travel
about 19 hours ago
- NEW POST: Some of the things I learned thanks to a hot air balloon ride http://t.co/qDFHR3H72r #travel #Turkey http://t.co/oPcOIxfr0X
about 23 hours ago