The other day on Twitter, I saw a friend I met through #BlogChat — Ric Dragon (@RicDragon on Twitter) say he was worried about not meeting a 2013 goal he had set for himself. It was a goal around writing a certain number of blog posts and guest posts. All I could think was it […]
Tag Archives | Textiles and Nonwovens
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
There has been so much rain in the Mid-South recently and I thought some of you may be wondering how rain may impact the cotton crop that is still in the field. So I’m posting another harvest time video. The previous two videos showed 1) what the cotton plant looks like as it nears harvest and […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
Last weekend as I drove through the Missouri Bootheel, I saw cotton fields at various stages of development. In fact, I found one field that had a lot of bolls on it and was still blooming too, so it gave me a chance to show a lot of the different stages of growth for cotton. […]
It has been a little while since I’ve had a guest post in the series of people telling about how cotton is the fabric of their lives. This one has been in the works for a little while though and it is worth the wait. It’s from California elementary school teacher Sarah who blogs at The […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips August 19, 2015
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip August 17, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Julie Mellor-Trupp: A little late to the party, but I wanted to thank ...
- Wizzing Off to Milan | Budget Nomad: […] Remembering a Visit to Milan’s Duo...
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips - a colorful adventure: […] few years ago though Lee Jeans got my at...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] Make sure the car is up for it — e...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] the last few years, I’ve found it ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- The folks at #FamilyForward totally rocked #CampSci! I mean look at that kid extracting DNA http://t.co/n9o2XYkYPZ http://t.co/Upn3dHZDc0
about 2 hours ago
- Love this so much! https://t.co/ZQ7IImY5I1
about 2 hours ago
- JP REWIND What Almonds Look Like on the Tree & On the Farm http://t.co/jx35lpHVYV #agriculture #food #foodfarm
about 6 hours ago
- Getting ready to do #CampSci with Val at #FamilyForward http://t.co/YUydQkOTPI http://t.co/uExhpAUYWm
about 7 hours ago
- Hanging out with some more loud redheads! #FamilyForward at @universalorlando http://t.co/YIMWCYPY0z http://t.co/7eCV99Ine9
about 21 hours ago