The other day on Twitter, I saw a friend I met through #BlogChat — Ric Dragon (@RicDragon on Twitter) say he was worried about not meeting a 2013 goal he had set for himself. It was a goal around writing a certain number of blog posts and guest posts. All I could think was it […]
Tag Archives | Textiles and Nonwovens
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
There has been so much rain in the Mid-South recently and I thought some of you may be wondering how rain may impact the cotton crop that is still in the field. So I’m posting another harvest time video. The previous two videos showed 1) what the cotton plant looks like as it nears harvest and […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
Last weekend as I drove through the Missouri Bootheel, I saw cotton fields at various stages of development. In fact, I found one field that had a lot of bolls on it and was still blooming too, so it gave me a chance to show a lot of the different stages of growth for cotton. […]
It has been a little while since I’ve had a guest post in the series of people telling about how cotton is the fabric of their lives. This one has been in the works for a little while though and it is worth the wait. It’s from California elementary school teacher Sarah who blogs at The […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday
- This day didn't go as planned but a bit of time in #Memphis with a stop at this place..... Who am I to complain?
- Wrote up a post about the #yearofthemonkey events in #stl #Ontheblog #linkinbio
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday https://t.co/rNyaooOMR2 https://t.co/5GpyClr4zU
about 6 hours ago
- JP REWIND Love Those Cotton Blue & Gold FFA Jackets! A Guest Post from An Advocate for Ag https://t.co/GNf4ljzZk9 #cotton #guestperspective
about 17 hours ago
- Wondering who I'll see in KC this weekend for the @AFBFYFR annual convention.... And is there a hashtag? :)
about 17 hours ago
- Adam's loss could be your gain.... who's interested in attending #dad2summit? It will be awesome! https://t.co/8aDkjOcvo7
about 1 day ago
- JP REWIND "Big Ag" Only Seems Faceless VIDEO https://t.co/UsMNjemdOG #socialmedia
about 2 days ago