The other day on Twitter, I saw a friend I met through #BlogChat — Ric Dragon (@RicDragon on Twitter) say he was worried about not meeting a 2013 goal he had set for himself. It was a goal around writing a certain number of blog posts and guest posts. All I could think was it […]
Tag Archives | Textiles and Nonwovens
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
There has been so much rain in the Mid-South recently and I thought some of you may be wondering how rain may impact the cotton crop that is still in the field. So I’m posting another harvest time video. The previous two videos showed 1) what the cotton plant looks like as it nears harvest and […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
Last weekend as I drove through the Missouri Bootheel, I saw cotton fields at various stages of development. In fact, I found one field that had a lot of bolls on it and was still blooming too, so it gave me a chance to show a lot of the different stages of growth for cotton. […]
It has been a little while since I’ve had a guest post in the series of people telling about how cotton is the fabric of their lives. This one has been in the works for a little while though and it is worth the wait. It’s from California elementary school teacher Sarah who blogs at The […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion: […] This year I am doing a St. Louis A to Z...
- Claire.Bartram: Hello Janice, just got a moment in between packing...
- email@example.com: you are amazing i too love agriculture...
- Claire Bartram: Will do, but am away for a couple of weeks, so wil...
- Janice Person: awesome! I'd love to see photos. Email me one to ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Such a beautiful view.... Made better as we marked the win column! #GoCards http://t.co/Hiwq793pha
about 44 mins ago
- Hot as hell but happy at the @cardinals game! #Cardinals #gocards https://t.co/0MAe0wherK
about 3 hours ago
- Wow. Its been 6 years since some of us in agriculture got Twitter to #moo as a birthday gift for @farmerhaley http://t.co/S56JRAKZ8m #farm
about 8 hours ago
- I don't really get into lots of bumper stickers, etc on my car but I love having reminders of great… https://t.co/9EFdNDo99s
about 1 day ago
- JP REWIND Elvis & Agriculture - My Perspective http://t.co/y10ppJ8QQF #agawareness #agriculture #foodfarm #popularculture
about 2 days ago