Having spent the month of November doing my series of posts being thankful, I have to say, it was a great way to focus some energy in a positive way. I took time everyday thinking about the things I have to be thankful for. Some of the topics I came up with were things I […]
Tag Archives | Thanksgiving
I know my 30 days of thanks posts were to have ended yesterday, but I was traveling the last several days and had such crummy wireless service that it was really easy to stay offline for the most part (though if you look at my instagram stream you will see I had to share photos!) […]
In October, I made a list of topics for my 30 days of thanks posts. I had emergency responders on that list — you know, the men and women who answer our calls for help when accident, fire or crime strikes. Several times I have thought I need to write the post but I thought […]
Doing a series on things I am thankful for means looking at a really wide variety of things… not all are deep thoughts. But some would argue being thankful for bacon would be a deep-seated, heavily emotional topic. Last Monday, I had a heckuva day ahead of me and I decided to start it off […]
So much reason for gratitude because I have so many friends I can count on. Quite a few are old friends (long-time friends, not friends who are old!) who are frequently on my mind even if they aren’t in the same room. There are lots of friends who I may not see or talk to […]
I have backlogs of stuff I want to write, posts from my summer trip to Japan and my big roadtrip to Montana. I also have lots of other things that I think would be good to share. But this summer & fall have been so hectic for me that I really want to step back […]
Still remembering my Thanksgiving vacation aka my OR-CA Roadtrip! So many great days and great people. This was a day spent with a college friend & his family near Portland, Oregon. Some incredible waterfalls! The first one is a series called Wahkeena Falls and the bigger one is Multnomah Falls. Related articles Waterfall […]
Today was another in a long line of birthdays for me. Some of you know how many but I’m not telling mainly because I generally try to live a bit younger than the calendar shows. Choosing How to Celebrate Since my birthday is frequently alongside Thanksgiving, it has been easy to celebrate with awesome people […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- Why Shouldn’t I Say Merry Christmas? Happy Holidays Isn’t the Same! December 5, 2013
- Facing An Identity Crisis Head On March 12, 2014
- Remembering Miss Dot (Dot Hester) The Way She Deserves to be Remembered March 2, 2014
- If Monsanto is evil, what’s that say about me? About dialogue? February 10, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: The Olympics, Ozzie Smith, Old Court House, Oshie, & The Ozarks April 21, 2014
- Mind Reeling After Blog Review on #BlogChat April 20, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Niche, Nelly & Norton Grapes April 19, 2014
- Committing to a Blog Refresh & Getting the Help of Friends April 19, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: McDonnell Douglas, Museum of Transportation, Metrolink, & Magic House April 17, 2014
- Collin Kromke: Just testing out your comments for the #blogchat r...
- stldenise: I like your font on the header, but it gets jumble...
- Remembering Norman Borlaug and Looking to the Future - a colorful adventure: […] would have been Borlaug’s birthday...
- Cella Delsing: This information is amazing. I have to do a proje...
- Janice Person: Thanks Linda. I hope you are lucky enough to have ...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!