This spring has been a bit nuts. Not only have we had weird cold snaps and some pretty significant storms, but I have been traveling a lot and all of those things come together to delay my seeing those precious cotton plants getting their start this spring. But today, as I drove back to St. […]
Tag Archives | United States Department of Agriculture
I’m overdue to write up something explaining what’s going on in the world of US 2013 cotton acres. Of course, it has been the topic of discussion for a lot of cotton meetings this winter and the spring planting season was bumpy with weather. I figured now is as good a time as any to […]
I wasn’t sure I would want to tackle GMOs with a post, but another blogger who’s doing the A to Z Challenge (Sydney Katt of authorSydneyKatt.com) said she didn’t know much about agriculture and would appreciate knowing more. The comment reads: So I’ll provide my thoughts on GMOs (and a reminder that I write content […]
When it comes down to the letters I’m using, I have to admit that I’m going with my gut on a day-to-day basis. The letter for today was one that I thought I had settled. I had in mind ditches. I know, it’s not a glamorous word but having lived in areas that are rain-fed […]
(Editor’s note: For the most recent year’s production numbers, please see this post Which states produce the most cotton? Acres, Pounds & More that will be updated mid January annually.) My friend David Hayden asked me today whether I had a top 10 list of cotton states. He tweeted: @JPlovesCOTTON do you have a blog post with […]
Each Monday, I get the USDA-NASS Crop Progress and Condition Report. And I frequently think I should share it with others — at least the cotton parts. 🙂 But today, I am going to do it instead of just thinking about it! The report shows data for the stages of the crop we are in each […]
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets March 25, 2017
- The Torture of a Middle Seat and So Much More March 9, 2017
- We Heard Her Scream “Help!” February 26, 2017
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets | a colorful adventure: […] cotton 101 […]...
- Is Agribusiness getting serious about sustainability? – NREL CMS: […] online videos and social media outlets w...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...