Recently I wrote a blog post about the new Blackberry Torch I had gotten. Since then, I’ve had a chance to get to play with more of its features. I’ve got an HD Flip camera that I LOVE and use often but recently while I was on the road with my niece & nephew, we […]
Tag Archives | video
Last night, I skipped part of the Tuesday night agricultural social media ritual known as #agchat. It’s cause Tuesdays in June & July are community pool night at my sister’s house! It’s something not to be missed, at least not too often. My sister loves her backyard — the pool, the garden, the grill and […]
In my most recent post about “rice world,” I gave a quick view of my visit at the International Rice Research Institute. Since I was going there with a couple of PhDs in plant breeding, I anticipated meeting with scientists (which was exactly what happened in a few other Los Banos institutes)! But I was […]
My friends fall into two lots — those who hear the word field day and think of something that happens in the spring to get kids playing outside in a series of challenges from soccer drills to softball and those who are ready to look at acres of food, feed, fiber sources and hear what […]
This weekend, Senator Blanche Lincoln did a presentation at the Mid-South Farm & Gin Show. As a local, many of the faces in the audience were familiar and she comment that she was home in this area, and in agriculture. As head of the Senate agriculture committee, she was speaking to a standing room only […]
For a “first AFBF,” I can’t imagine feeling more at home. It’s amazing to meet so many of the folks I’ve “talked to” over the past year. Sure, we have talked almost exclusively through 140 character messages, but there is a funny immediate change of expression when you see a person who you’ve seen only […]
Nothing like getting out in the field with a kid — whether they are from the city or farm. You suddenly realize how cool it is to know even the slightest things about farming. And luckily my nieces & nephews have always been up for a stop along the road and some ag education. Yesterday […]
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- The Torture of a Middle Seat and So Much More March 9, 2017
- We Heard Her Scream “Help!” February 26, 2017
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration January 19, 2017
- Is Agribusiness getting serious about sustainability? – NREL CMS: […] online videos and social media outlets w...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration | a colorful adventure: […] I could swing it all. The prep got real ...