I still remember the advice I was given as I moved to Oklahoma for college. I was told to be sure I had a good coat. It wasn’t what you would think was brilliant advice, but as someone who had lived in a place where you make short moves from your warm car to a […]
Tag Archives | weather
We all hear about climate change now and then. And I know this isn’t what they are talking about but it’s slapping me in the face today. I am in Memphis for the weekend and as I drove in last night and saw the temps were in the 60s, I smiled so big. I love […]
There has been so much rain in the Mid-South recently and I thought some of you may be wondering how rain may impact the cotton crop that is still in the field. So I’m posting another harvest time video. The previous two videos showed 1) what the cotton plant looks like as it nears harvest and […]
In the last 10-20 years, country music has become something more people in cities listen to, but it has always been popular with farmers. There has to be a good reason. Recently, I was in Nashville with a lot of farmers and the reason became crystal clear as Luke Bryan (YouTube, Twitter and Facebook) took the stage. When he […]
Last week I was busily going about things & checked in on Twitter and somehow, almost miraculously I caught two tweets about Tennessee cotton. It was awesome! First came this one from Shane Kinne with the photo at right. https://twitter.com/S_Kinne/statuses/67708533143126017 Shane was down to learn about a cotton gin and although some may wonder what can […]
Thursday I was returning to Memphis after a long visit in St. Louis. The drive home was one I had been looking forward to. It had been a tough time in my part of the world. Some of the big notes were I drove through a night of storms on my way up, a tornado ripped […]
Spring 2011 is officially here. For some friends, that was realized when they saw the first robin in their yard. For me, it seems to be when I am drawn to a drive with the top down in my car. For a lot of farmers though it could be when they first hear planting reports […]
Sirens have been going off all day off & on. It’s a sound that at this point, it seems to be the background music for spring weekends. They started early in the morning, kept lots of folks awake most of the night. somehow I made it back to sleep (the word exhaustion comes to mind). […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion: […] This year I am doing a St. Louis A to Z...
- Claire.Bartram: Hello Janice, just got a moment in between packing...
- email@example.com: you are amazing i too love agriculture...
- Claire Bartram: Will do, but am away for a couple of weeks, so wil...
- Janice Person: awesome! I'd love to see photos. Email me one to ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Such a beautiful view.... Made better as we marked the win column! #GoCards http://t.co/Hiwq793pha
about 44 mins ago
- Hot as hell but happy at the @cardinals game! #Cardinals #gocards https://t.co/0MAe0wherK
about 3 hours ago
- Wow. Its been 6 years since some of us in agriculture got Twitter to #moo as a birthday gift for @farmerhaley http://t.co/S56JRAKZ8m #farm
about 8 hours ago
- I don't really get into lots of bumper stickers, etc on my car but I love having reminders of great… https://t.co/9EFdNDo99s
about 1 day ago
- JP REWIND Elvis & Agriculture - My Perspective http://t.co/y10ppJ8QQF #agawareness #agriculture #foodfarm #popularculture
about 2 days ago