I still remember the advice I was given as I moved to Oklahoma for college. I was told to be sure I had a good coat. It wasn’t what you would think was brilliant advice, but as someone who had lived in a place where you make short moves from your warm car to a […]
Tag Archives | weather
We all hear about climate change now and then. And I know this isn’t what they are talking about but it’s slapping me in the face today. I am in Memphis for the weekend and as I drove in last night and saw the temps were in the 60s, I smiled so big. I love […]
There has been so much rain in the Mid-South recently and I thought some of you may be wondering how rain may impact the cotton crop that is still in the field. So I’m posting another harvest time video. The previous two videos showed 1) what the cotton plant looks like as it nears harvest and […]
In the last 10-20 years, country music has become something more people in cities listen to, but it has always been popular with farmers. There has to be a good reason. Recently, I was in Nashville with a lot of farmers and the reason became crystal clear as Luke Bryan (YouTube, Twitter and Facebook) took the stage. When he […]
Last week I was busily going about things & checked in on Twitter and somehow, almost miraculously I caught two tweets about Tennessee cotton. It was awesome! First came this one from Shane Kinne with the photo at right. https://twitter.com/S_Kinne/statuses/67708533143126017 Shane was down to learn about a cotton gin and although some may wonder what can […]
Thursday I was returning to Memphis after a long visit in St. Louis. The drive home was one I had been looking forward to. It had been a tough time in my part of the world. Some of the big notes were I drove through a night of storms on my way up, a tornado ripped […]
Spring 2011 is officially here. For some friends, that was realized when they saw the first robin in their yard. For me, it seems to be when I am drawn to a drive with the top down in my car. For a lot of farmers though it could be when they first hear planting reports […]
Sirens have been going off all day off & on. It’s a sound that at this point, it seems to be the background music for spring weekends. They started early in the morning, kept lots of folks awake most of the night. somehow I made it back to sleep (the word exhaustion comes to mind). […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday
- This day didn't go as planned but a bit of time in #Memphis with a stop at this place..... Who am I to complain?
- Wrote up a post about the #yearofthemonkey events in #stl #Ontheblog #linkinbio
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- I loved the halftime show at the super bowl this weekend.... @Luvvie explains why @Beyonce rocked more than music https://t.co/4tLEY90VvX
about 3 hours ago
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday https://t.co/rNyaooOMR2 https://t.co/5GpyClr4zU
about 14 hours ago
- JP REWIND Love Those Cotton Blue & Gold FFA Jackets! A Guest Post from An Advocate for Ag https://t.co/GNf4ljzZk9 #cotton #guestperspective
about 1 day ago
- Wondering who I'll see in KC this weekend for the @AFBFYFR annual convention.... And is there a hashtag? :)
about 1 day ago
- Adam's loss could be your gain.... who's interested in attending #dad2summit? It will be awesome! https://t.co/8aDkjOcvo7
about 2 days ago