For the last year or two, there have been two Twitter chats that I regularly participate in. The Sunday night #blogchat discussion about all things blog-related and Tuesday night #AgChat where farmers, ranchers and friends talk about producing food, feed & fiber. Tomorrow night (Tuesday, June 7 — 8 to 10 pm eastern) #AgChat will talk about #agblogs (a hashtag I proposed to the community a year ago). The similarities even resulted in a recent post on how successful blogging and farming are alike!
How cool will this be? Well it depends in part on who all shows up! So I may as well draw up a guest list and this is my way of drawing up some invites — of course the invite list is just a start! I am sure I’m missing some great folks and will be thrilled to see them too!
AgChat has a cast of characters who excell at blogging! I’m hoping we can get some of the “experts” in farm blogs to be there like:
- Chuck Zimmerman (@Agriblogger with AgWired) cause he was the first person I knew to take agblogging to the professional level.
- Shaun Haney (@ShaunHaney with RealAgriculture) who keeps moving the needle on things in the great white north. I’ve really enjoyed playing with blogging with him from the great #FoodChat challenge to the agnerd series he did on mobile computing (part 1 & part 2 — I was the iPad proponent!)
- Mike Haley (@FarmerHaley) who not only puts things on his farm’s blog but somehow had time this spring to code farmerbloggers.com
- Ryan Goodman (@AR_ranchhand) who launched AgricultureProud and has been routinely posting creative content of video & photos
- Brian Scott (@thefarmerslife)who may be relatively new to blogging but has taken the bull by the horns or
- the Real Farmwives (@RealFarmwives) who are cooking like crazy!
- Mack Collier (@MackCollier) who started & moderates the fastest moving chat session on Twitter — he was the first blogchatter I met in real life and has been a great host. Southern hospitality… just something about it. Check out his site too cause he has some great tips!
- Bruce Sallan (@BruceSallan) who seized the opportunity to meet some of the #agchat boys (Jeff Fowle & Ray Prock) at a #140conf. Bruce seems to greet everyone who pops up at #BlogChat and actively represents the dads’ point of view with his blog and new book and shares boomer tech talk too!
- Heidi Cohen (@HeidiCohen) who routinely posts the common sense tips that aren’t commonly given about blogging on her site and in her tweets.
- Jay Baer (@JayBaer) of Convince & Convert who has given agnerds a boost with presentations around his book on the Now Revolution. (see my post on that here)
- Margie Clayman (@MargieClayman) who is an incredibly generous member of the blogging & Twitter communities and works with her family’s advertising firm.